Thursday, October 2, 2014

On Pins and Needles - because of first album, OCTOBER 8, 2014

The year is 2014! This is a very, very important year for Dong Ha. Crucial year! A year of many important events for him. This is his first year he is attempting to make it as an entertainer on his own, without the band Boohwal. His contract with them ended the last day of 2013, and in the beginning of 2014 he  was picked up by a new music agency, The Evermore Music.  

Dong Ha also got married in January this year, to a mysterious woman that nobody has ever seen. :)
He is quite overprotective of her. 

Then there were many many appearances on TV, and countless live performances, plus interviews. Then  came his "first solo concert" - and it turned out there were several of them between March 2014 - June 2014. The musical  "A Tale Of  Two Cities" where he had a role of Charles Darnay, brought him a lot of accolades. 
He had a special celebration of the 9th anniversary of his official debut, and his fans listed 9 most appealing things about him, but this will be a separate post
Then there was a very ill fated "first solo USA tour" in August, which gave me a chance to go to his concert and see him live!  The US tour was ill fated for several reasons - but this will be entire separate post. 

Upon his return to Korea from the (very ill fated) US tour, he started his own radio show! Daily radio show. This man is way too busy. I'm sure I forgot a few more things that happened with him between January 1st 2014, and today. October 1st (or now it's the 2nd) 2014.
As of October 1st 2014, fans of Jung Dong Ha in Korea and in other countries, are on pins and needles !!! The countdown begins  to "BEGIN" - his first solo album, which is going to be released OCTOBER 8, 2014. 
It's going to be a so called "mini-album", with only 7 songs. But Evermore music is making a very big deal out of it.
Some fans are really nice. One of them posted a vary heartfelt comment under the announcement of album release (this was in Hangul, and then beautifully translated by my son Miki):

"Congratulations!  I've been a fan since your days as a vocalist for Bu-Hwal.  Because it's your first solo album, are you nervous and anxious about what kind of response you'll receive?  I think the songs will be so good that they'll show you have some of the best vocals of any singer.  I'm counting down to midnight the morning of October 8th.  You've put in a lot of hard work towards making your first album.  Please be a singer that interacts with the public for as long as possible."

I am not as much of pins and needles, as some other fans, about the new album. I don't really care that much if it's great or not great. Of course, I want it to be a success, because I care for Dong Ha. I wish him all the best in my heart, because I can see how fantastically talented he is. But if the album is not that great, then I do not worry. From my selfish point of view, I can still enjoy the hundreds, if not thousands videos of him scattered all over the Internet. They  have been posted  by his dedicated fans for the past 9 years, so I have a lot of  "material" to occupy myself with, and be delighted by. 
Hi accomplishments up until now are tremendous, and undeniable. Everything is all out there (eg. You Tube).

1 comment: