Wednesday, October 4, 2017

More good stuff to look forward to - new album soon

This is going to be Jung Dong Ha's album No.3. I suppose albums No.3  are not supposed to be very crucial for singers. It shouldn't make or break  their singing career. I heard that all songs on this album are  written by Dongha himself, and since he is not a very experienced song writer, it appears that this album is a sort of an experiment for him. He probably decided he can afford to take a risk, by trying his writing/composing  ability.  He has gained enough popularity through his TV singing  appearances, like Immortal Song2 and King of Masked Singer, so an album like that should not harm his career at all.  Personally I am not very worried, because regardless whether the album is a commercial success or not, Jung Dong Ha will continue to sing. He will continue testing new waters like he always does. That's why being his fan is so exciting.


    The album is titled "LIFE". My friend Fatma made a very astute observation abut it. She pointed out that his album titles somehow are like continuation. I haven't noticed it, but I think she is right. She wrote: At first I thought the title is too general, then I noticed that all his album titles may be related . The first is BEGIN, it's like when u begin your life, then you have DREAM for the future, then comes LIFE,  like when someone gets hit by the reality, that's why there are songs titled "Alarm" and " Black Hole" in this album.  I think this must be really true, there is a certain concept or idea behind these albums, since the time he started going as a solo artist.              

So then, if this album really reflects a feeling of being hit by the real life, I can understand all the pictures coming with it, that we've seen so far. In all of them Dongha is either pensive or just very serious. Hmmm, but actually all three albums have these kind of pictures. 😊 The professional photographers like to portray Dongha as this mysterious man, deeply lost in his own thought. In reality Dongha is like a gentle sunshine, and not aloof at all. He smiles very readily, and is fun to be around (I think).😊 I have an impression that he is an exceptionally empathic person.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos....can't wait for the album to be released.

    ReplyDelete