Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June concerts postponed because of MERS

I found the most recent news on the Facebook. The two previously announced concerts:
June 14, 2015 in Incheon and June 20 in Changwon have been canceled for now.
The culprit is MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrom), which was brought to Korea by a man who traveled to Saudi Arabia, Quatar and a couple of other Arabic countries.
Already 6 people died in Korea, many are infected. Schools have been closed, and many public events canceled. I read that trains in Seoul are being disinfected.
I have been aware about this for about a week, when my husband told me he read the news in the Wall Street Journal. But a fan on Facebook from Hong Kong told me today that this has been going on since May 17th in Korea. She was of the opinion that everything was going well, and by the end of June the outbreak will be under control. It is expected that
Jung Dong Ha concerts will be rescheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment