Sunday, November 12, 2017

BABY NEWS

                                                                                Yes, baby, finally!

At his "The Artist" concert on November 11th, Dong Ha revealed to his audience that he will have a baby soon! He said the baby will come in February 2018, and they know now it is a little boy! It's not official announcement, but he was so nice to let his fans know. Some fans apparently said that  the fact Dong Ha with Voisper sang "Baby On An Island" back in July, was foretelling, since he must have already known then. So maybe even it was his subtle way of revealing his good news.                                                                        


                                                                "Baby On An Island" performance:
                     
                                                                      
                                                                                          * * *
My reaction to these news, was a surprise (because I have already given up), and also happy excitement. The thing is, that Jung Dong Ha got married almost 4 years ago, in January 2014. From the very beginning, even before his marriage, he mentioned  wanting to have a child. At that time, in January 2014 he was on a TV variety program "Hello Counselor". The host said to Dong Ha: "So you are getting married next week. Will you say some message to your wife-to-be?" Dong Ha looked straight into the camera with his sweet smile and said something like: "When this show is broadcast, we will be on our honey-moon. So let's be a nice couple, and let's make a baby".
Whaaaat? I was so shocked, and at the same amused,  by Dong Ha being so straightforward.
Well maybe he said "let's HAVE a baby", but still, I never expect him to be so blunt about it.
Probably the message was much more docile in Korean, than translated into English.                     😊
And then he again talked about his desire to become a father,  2 yrs later on IS2, and a few times at radio interviews. 
But I was skeptical. I waited for baby news, but from time to time I had a thought that his talk was a smoke screen. To be honest I had thoughts occasionally that he might "swing the other way" as  Americans say. After all,  nobody ever saw his wife, he is so secretive about her. No wedding pictures ever popped up, how's that possible? Even if it was a private wedding, someone would sneak out ONE pic. So, was there really a wedding? And what's that talk about wanting to have a baby, but there is none, year after year? He 's well over 35 yrs old, and his  supposed wife is the same age - what are they waiting for?

But, here is the baby at last. Who knows what lengths the couple had to go through, to conceive?  
I can breathe with relief, since I really didn't want him to be gay. I am looking forward to the February 2018 announcement of the birth of Dong Ha's son.There will be probably some celebrations! 
I expect next year, 2018, he will not be as active professionally, because he will focus  on spending time with his kid. Awww, he will be such a good daddy, with his gentle personality, and loving heart.
He will probably work hard till the end of this year, and in January 2018. Then he will take a well deserved break.
                                                                        
                                                                                        * * *

I was thinking  that I will take a break  from  this blog. I have been doing it, somewhat irregularly,for over 3 yrs now.  Why am I doing it for so long? What is a woman my age doing, following the career, and writing about a Korean singer? True, it's a nice way of relaxing for me, just like any other hobby for other people. 
But perhaps I should take this baby announcement as a milestone, or rather as a final chapter of Dong Ha + myself saga. He is continuously growing - that I know. I already am certain he has made a great carer as an entertainer. I know he has a proper family. I had seen him live at a concert in the US, I had traveled to Korea to see him in a musical, I saw him in person, said a few words to him, got his autograph, and was able to hold his hand. I won't be able to travel to Korea again. He will most likely not come to USA for a while. 
I have listened to hundreds of his performances, and was moved by most of them. I know what to expect. My interest might have faded a little (just a tiny bit!) - there is nothing new to say about Jung Dong Ha from my point of view. He is a great artist. The end.

I wouldn't abandon this blog. No, I still want to play with it, it's fun. I think I would just stop it at the end of 2017, and afterwards I will maybe go back and do maintenance. Correct English mistakes, because I know I make them, check all pictures and videos - make sure they are there - they sometimes disappear for no reason. Maybe I would add some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment