Thursday, November 30, 2017

TBT#19 - Immortal Song2 March2015 - Rainwater

                     
Somebody once said that Jung Dong Ha must be a "rainman". He has several songs on his list that talk about rain. There is "Rain", and "Early Rain", and now it's "Rainwater".

I really like this performance. But I actually have a critical comment about it. This performance shows how NOT to win Immortal Song.  Dong Ha comes on stage to sing a gut wrenching, intensely desperate song of sadness and longing. But before he begins, he makes a silly joke about his raincoat, and asks if he looks good. If you joke lightly like this, and then make tragic faces while singing, it doesn't come across as genuine. The emotions look fake to the audience, hence the people don't vote for you. That is my comment of the video.
                                                                                              * * *
I really love how Dong Ha sings the song though, with over the top screaming, and everything else.
I love it all.
I love the guitarist, too.
Only, I hate this raincoat.


No comments:

Post a Comment