Thursday, February 23, 2017

Throw Back Thursday! 2013

He was having fun with a folk song!!!  What an energy! This was on Immortal Song 2 TV program in 2013.
By the time I saw this video for the first time around mid 2014, I had already started paying attention to him on you tube, because of dozens of videos I discovered, mostly from IS2 and some from live concerts. Somehow  I  created an image of him in my mind, of a young singer with completely awesome voice, but very serious and solemn, and specializing in epic ballads. Turned out I was quite a bit wrong.  Suddenly I discovered  he had  many different sides. Suddenly I saw his adorable youthfulness, as well as his humorous side. First, through the somewhat parody-like "Companion", and very soon after that,  this one:  "Kwengjina Chingchinane".
Discovery of Jung Dong Ha's playful side thrilled me very much.  "Well,  he is completely different than I thought, and I like it!" - that was my conclusion. And I stopped hesitating whether I should become his fan. "Of course, I should!" Who else can thrill me as much, and who else is able to deliver all kinds of  emotions through his singing. Nobody that I know of.
The video below, is just a small example how very energetic on stage he can be, and how his enthusiasm is so very contagious. He does it so well - invites the audience to have fun together with him, and for a moment forget about the everyday troubles.
I really love the use of traditional Korean instruments  in this song.




(Note to myself: do the throw-back Thursdays on regular basis. It should be easier to post than specific subject blogs. Maybe subject blogging is too ambitious for me, resulting in big gaps in posts. I don't lack ideas, but it's always difficult for me  to write what I want in one sitting. Then I keep my unfinished posts in drafts folder for too long, and they become stale).

2 comments:

  1. i really like this song ,it's like one man can make all the people there relax and have fun ,also he wrote the lyrics himself ,the original song has no lyrics basically the only lyrics are ""Kwengjina Chingchinane" it's sang in different occasions ,so jung dongha added the lyrics and made them hopeful ,i wish he perform it once in his concert

    ReplyDelete